Friday, March 4, 2011

Update from Doc visit today

Okay, well... the rides at Disneyland are probably way more fun...... Dad, Sarah, Sissy and I sat in a little cramped hospital room, with nurse after nurse asking the same questions over and over.  By the time the white haired, white bearded man came in it was obvious that he skimmed through my chart notes that all the nurses wrote down just moments before.  He hadn't even taken a look at the scans, x-rays that we fed ex'd overnight here earlier this week since he was ON VACATION! GEEESSSSHHHHHHH.

All in all, he was no saving grace, we all definitely walked out more deflated than when we walked in... On the way in we had cameras clicking, flashes flashing.... it was like the episode of Absolutely Fabulous when Eddie has to go in for a hangnail and Patsy goes in for moral support with photographers, champagne and cigarettes.  On the way out.... it was like we had just come from a wake.

After that, we came back to our cozy home-away-from-home and Sarah was on the phone, again, and we are now seeing another Oncologist Tuesday morning.  So Sarah, Dad and I are going to get cozy over here in Seattle, in our little home away from home, waiting, wishing and praying....

I was lucky tonight.... Lil Penny came to say goodnight to her Auntie Sara:) Tomorrow the Seattle Center with everyone, Ruby to lead the way.  And these 3 amigos, the next plan of attack if we aren't liking what this guy is saying we see Tuesday...... we're going to look into case studies, experimental medicines and whatever else is out there...... Switzerland here we come!

The answer for a prognosis rolls on....

~S

8 comments:

  1. Waiting and waiting...I am starting to feel like even though the doctors wear coats, glasses, carry clipboards... and have white beards... they just don't have the answers we need to know. We keep expecting resolution and getting tension.

    I love you a lot Sara. I'm fighting a cold and have been taking lots of day quill, so I think if I keep writing, its not going to make any sense. But I do know I love you, so much, and I'm mad, sad, frustrated, concerned, don't know what to do...and its because I love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog sara, only you could make such a frusterating , sad, emotional, day sound so funny ( you get that humor from your mother)..Its so funny how im laying in bed right next to you and we are talking through computers haha....TO WANDA... lets go have a good day today Love you sister xoxox Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies! You are BOTH amazing! My heart is with you both as you and I am cheering you on with all the power I have in my body! You WILL win! ~Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Jennifer Jordan Here!!
    Awe sweetie I am sorry to read this but I do know one thing you are in GREAT hands!! While taking my bath today all by myself :) ( because I can now) I thought of Sarah H and how she carried me up the stairs to our shower and got in with me scrubbing my stinky feet yes she did gag a bit but with a smile. Sarah I do understand what you are going through. Stay positive and when you cant lean on friends we are all here for you.

    Jennifer Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara,

    You don't know me, I'm of friend of Chelsea's and Jen Fullerton. I'm sure your being inundated with advice from people but while your in Seattle you might want to check out these folks.......http://www.seattlecancerwellness.com/.

    I was diagnosed with stage IV canSer 4 years ago and I don't have cancer anymore. They take a lot of the fear out of your diagnoses and can offer hope when other more mainstream centers don't have any solutions.

    I have been where you are at right now and it is hell. It sounds like you have a really great support system which is awesome. Hang in there, it will get better. I promise.

    Lisa Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara - we're all worried about you! We've never met but your situation hurts my heart. Know you are in our thoughts constantly and we're sending you boatloads of love from New Mexico. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dalebootie, It's mama Lou, I finally can get to you cuz you sent me an e-mail, thank goodness, I'm goin crazy waiting here in my humble home for answers...I wish I was with you girls so I could back you all up. I am good at getting things rollin , as you already know since you've been around your whole life, almost anyway. Never ever give up hope no matter what anyone says okay! Just go to the next step, you have your sista Sarah Marie (two) with you so I feel like heads will roll if she doesn't get the answers your looking for.I love you as if I born you myself your my adopted daughter and you know I'd do anything on this earth for you. Your in my heart and on my mind every second of every hour, Rick's too! We are sending all the good vibes we can mustar up girlie, and when your well I will send ALL you girls to Mexico on me, so get on with it,if anybody can kick ass it's you and pipi....I miss you girls and need you and want you home again soon!!!! I LOVE YOU TOOOOO MUCH , Yo Other Mother

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to high school with you but was a couple years behind you. I'm sure you have been getting advice out the wazoo but I wanted to tell you about my best friend who was diagnosed with a very rare stomach cancer. After many frustrating visits to various hospitals we found OHSU in Portland. I have to say they were wonderful! They were obviously not only familiar with her cancer which many dr's had not been but were familiar with her files. The dr spent well over an hour in the room answering all questions very patiently. It was rare to get a dr to spend more than 10 minutes with us before rushing out or making you feel stupid for asking questions prior to that visit. Good luck with your journey and I hope you find a dr you like!

    ReplyDelete