Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20, 2011 by Colleen

    We are going to try to take Sara out for some fresh air today as it is springtime in Seattle.  There is an REI literally across the street and Sara wants to check it out.  They have wheel chairs here and Sarah Hess will be the driver. Sara wants to walk, but Nurse Erin says "NO!"
    The other morning I woke up and said; "I had this wierd dream I was all dressed up and riding in a loggin' truck!"
    Sara said, "Me too,  I dreamt I was all dressed up and riding in a limo!"
    We are hoping to hear from Dr. Lin early this week about the treatment.  When that finally happens, he expects rapid results.  She is able to take oral medication now very well and so can start the treatment.  Still not quite able to eat, but we are working on that. Someone is touting the benefits of asparagus.
    You can be assured that she is in good hands. The Mom, Shanna, Penny Grace, Sarah and Erin.  We have become the dreamteam.  Grey's Anatomy, look out. It is a rollercoaster ride that you don't want to be on, but you can't get off till it stops. I will not bring up the suppository party.   Thanks to everyone.  I love you all more than you know.

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy things are going well. I love REI - Do you have a Jetboil? I have one and absolutely love it! Check them out when you're there. Enjoy the Springtime air, there's nothing like it. Mia's movie "Paul" opened Friday night. She's in it for like 30 seconds! You are in our thoughts! Continue with the ass-kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please tell us the story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sara! You're in great hands at 'The Hutch'...They work wonders up there everyday. You're in our thoughts and prayers and we're looking forward to seeing you again this summer in Sandpoint! My mom had such a terrific trip last year, that it's on the list to do again this year! Keep on kickin' ass!! All our best, Sara... Dan Mailey

    ReplyDelete