Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 27, 2011

    So We think the new big patch is working. If Sara continues to improve and can eat real food, I am confident Dr. Lin will start the treatment by Thursday at the next appointment.  That is if the insurance company does not keep denying the request for this particular chemo.  The treatment he wanted to give her is a combination of three IV medications.  One is not available any more so he went to this oral medication that is two pills.  Which I cannot pronounce.  It is cutting edge treatment and that is why insurance companies can fool around.  If tomorrow I donot hear from our new best friend, Roy, the pharmacist, I will accidentally put the insurance company's name on here. So if they deny these pills, she will have to take something that is not the first choice.  What I am trying to say is, does this insurance company know who she is???? !!!! 
    Erin is back on the scene today to keep Sara on track.  It is vital that we donot get distracted from the schedule. I feel like we should be playing "Girl from Ipanema" {elevator music..}with all this waiting. Thanks again for everything everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment