Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011

    Well, Sara is mostly sleeping through this bout of chemo.  She did so well when she was on her 7 day break I think we all were so thrilled to see her eating and getting around, we were kind of jumping the gun.  Gotta stay patient.  The insurance case manager asked how she was doing with all this and I had to stop and think about how I would be doing if it were me.  It was not a pretty picture.  But it made me realize how Sara {That's my daughter...} Has handled this with grace, patience and aplomb.  She never gets crabby or unruly or gets too bossy.  She always is concerned about how everyone feels and if they are too tired or need a pedicure. She still wants to pay for everything, even food,  and she is not even hardly eating.  She appreciates every tiny effort, cards, unexpected gifts, gesture and kind words.  If she were us and we were her, she would like so be there for us.  I am so proud of My Daughter through this, the worst scenario anyone could endure. 
   

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you colleen. My prayers that God will touch Sarah and heal her and make her strong through this treatment time. God Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though erin is the favorite cousin now...i love sara the most...so there!!

    ReplyDelete