Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

     People usually associate the word 'luck' with Irish.  But actually the Irish are probably the most superstitious,  unlucky people ever.  It is just that we keep smiling and find humor in the most gruesome situations.  The optimist falling from the 14th floor must have been Irish.  At the 7th floor he yells "So far, so good!"
    But today I feel lucky.  Lucky that Sara is going to be okay. We can do this.  Lucky that I discovered my family is even more exceptional than I thought.  Lucky to know so many people rush to help throwing caution to the wind. Lucky that I can get up face another day optimistically.
    Because some people that have a crisis are not so lucky.  Their life takes a turn and they can never come back.  I feel like we went through the storm, but we can come back to a certain degree of normalcy.  Cancer will always be in our vocabulary, now. {You S.O.B}  But we have the cowboy boots and pistols to give it a run for the money.  So, this is gonna really be mushy, stop now if you can't take it. 
    Count your blessings today.


Posted by Colleen

4 comments:

  1. That is funny (the funny part anyway) ever since we started this horrible new part of our lives the most awful cancer jokes have been running through my mind. i feel a little awkward about the normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words from a true Irish Woman, seriously colleen u need a column!!!!! Xoxox we are all lucky to have eachother... Sarah C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really when you think about it nobody ever said what kind of luck for the Irish. just some luck. You guys are one tough bunch I am proud to be part of the family and will be running to you if anything tries to bully me. You can be mushy now if you want, you earned it. I love you each and every one. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to see that Sara is doing better. She is in my prayers constantly. Love you, Dalebout! Mwuah!
    -Galen-

    P.S. You really should have a column...

    ReplyDelete