Monday, May 16, 2011

From Me


I had so much to say after the Doc. Appt, but I think mom and Sissy took care of it pretty good.  All I have left to share is that i learned a big lesson at Dr. Lin's office, (who is by the way AWESOME), and I bring this back to a place where I began questioning myself on what kind of cancer patient I want to be.  The answer is, well I don't know, I've never had cancer before and i'm pretty sure that there is no handbook on how to be the ideal cancer case.  All I know is a questioncertain of moral had come up, and questioning what kind of cancer patient I was going to be. And I decided this last doctor's appt.

Until you have a very smart Doctor tell you, "you have a non-cureable cancer, and will have cancer the rest of your life.  You will never be able to go off chemo therapy", that's when i decided everyone else can F*&# Off. Sorry I had to say it.  What made me really mad is it made me questioin myself.  I have had the best support anyone can ask for, and wonder how the people that don't get through this.  So if there are people who don't want to support me?  Then don't.

I am posting the picture of the scan I had done last Monday, the results are amazing and this is what the hugs all around were about.  My progress with the treatments is great, although we still have that stubborn mother ship tumor that Dr. Lin referred to Osama Bin Laden.  I said, "well we got him, so what's the problem with my Osama?".  All he'll say is, "later".  He is overly please by the treatment to my liver right now.  The orig scan in on the right, my one last week is on the left.  The big black mass on the orig is my liver you can see it was overtaking my whole abdomen.  The dark circles on it are the tumors. You can also see my stomach on the right is being pressed between my huge liver and spleen.  On the new one you can see the little white bean on the right is my stomach and has room to grow, you'll also see organs you couldn't see before because the liver was so big.  I'm on my 3rd round of Chemo now, so this progress is after only 2 sessions:)

That's it for now, thanks to all with all the goodness you all are.
~s

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara -

    I am so happy to log on to your blog today and read this wonderful news...

    It's been so many years since I've seen you that it made me hesitate to post anything on here (wondering if you would remember the Martin clan...??) But I wanted you to know that there are people out there praying for your recovery and well-being that you might not even be aware of.

    Here's wishing you health, joy and just a normal day...

    xoxo
    Annie (Martin) Buth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was astonished to see you at work on Monday. You look absolutely fabulous. You are kicking that bastard Cancer right in the ass. Reading your blog I know you can kick Osama overboard as well. It's the power of positive thinking that kills the negative factors that attack. Go in for the kill and get that Mother Focker.... You can do it...
    Kim McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I'm so happy to hear your treatments are going well! I know you can beat this - you are amazing! Best wishes!
    Love,
    Marcy Klinger

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i couldnt have said it better myself..... kick that terrorist tumors ass like i know you will xoxoxo love you forever Sarah Hess

    ReplyDelete