Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 11, 2011

    Just got a call from Sara D.  Shanna, Sarah and Sara all went to the appointment.  Dr. Lin read her scan and was very pleased with the results.  He said her liver is normal size and some of the tumors have actually disappeared.  The tumors are shrinking drastically and she has responded to the treatment better than was expected.  Dr. Lin wants her off the TPN nutrition right now. That is certainly encouraging because that means he thinks Sara can get her nutrition from eating. { Look out Sandpoint restaurants!!} The news today could not be better and I, for one, am ecstatic.  Yay Sara D.!!
     The recently released treatment for this same cancer that Steve Jobs is taking is for more advanced neuroendocrine cancer.  Well, I guess we don't need that! I told Sara he should come stay at her house and let the Dreamteam take over.  Of course not to mention everyone's laser beams of faith and prayer.  This is so wonderful.   Sara is going to try to post on here later today. Whew!

9 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the good news!! Thank you for keeping all of us posted! xo,Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such wonderful news Sara! Everyone here is thinking about you and so happy to hear of your amazing progress. Go Sara queen warrior - you are winning!

    Big hugs,
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always good to have the same cancer as rich people. That way, they can pay the FDA to legalize the drugs you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy!!! YAY what an exciting day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Sara!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! You made my day!!!!

    Love,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sara,
    I have been out of touch and just checking in. What news I am so happy to hear about. I think of you often. I would love to be part of a celebration dinner in some small way. Since i can't be there let me know when you might go out next and I want to pay for that. At least I can be part of that in some way.I miss you and love you.

    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right On! I am so happy for you! Such good news to liven your spirit and keep your energy going for some more ass kickin'. Enjoy your mini vacation! Lots of love xoxo- Kathy W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the best news ever Sara! We are all thinking of you every step of the way. You are winning- our warrior queen!! Mila and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for all of you! Keep it up, keep kicking it!

    ReplyDelete