Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tagging on to mom's post....

Couple things.... First Thank You Mom for getting the Penthouse at Seasons for our family to come together under one roof..... I know the people in the condo below us were appreciative with 5 little one's, 4 of them 3 and under, Nucky Gerald running around chasing them all and all, (except baby Liam and Penny who watched with envy).

So looking for an Oncologist in Spokane for a local Doc, and for 6 week check ups.  I wish Doctor Lin was in Spokane:( My 6 week check ups don't involve scans to look at, it is a face to face with the Doctor to see how I'm doing. So I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's of time, $$$ spent going to Seattle..... still don't know. 

Charlotte is cooking for me and we'll see how this goes.  Who knew you had to get sick to become healthy!  I mean vitamins, eating right, acupuncture, exercise, no alcohol.... but when your healthy you'll eat lots of cheese and red meat, smoke cigarettes while drinking a vodka tonic..

Today is the last day of my 4th Chemo round. Get out the wigs, cuz I'm pretty sure I will have no hair left by the end of the month.  My hair is coming out by the handfulls.  I told Sarah I don't know if I could wear wigs, but don't know if I can be bald either.  I've always pondered the whole "Blondes have more fun!". Although I'm not on any other narcotics but the chemo, I'm dosing up on supplements, so I do take 11 pills in the AM + the protein powder, 3 pills mid day, 3 pills at night, so just 17 a day.  I carry a big bag, always have, but now I know why, it's not to carry the Vodka bottle anymore, it's for all these damn vitamins!  I probably spend 30 min a day taking them, taking the lids off, putting the lids on... swallowing, gulp, gulp...

Lastly, I feel pretty lucky that I am able to do oral chemo, since it's now a part of my life I can't imagine those who have to get hooked up to IV's and sit there and watch the poison go in.  At least I'm able to camouflage mine with the pretty vitamins so I can feel healthy while poisoning myself. Weird.

Cheers all! (Water in hand)
~S

2 comments:

  1. Get blonde so I can try it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would ya buy the pill sorter thing already! Never mind I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete