Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7, 2011

    One thing for sure, time flies in the summer in North Idaho.  Sara did end up getting a blood transfusion and spent the day at BGH in Sandpoint getting 2 units of blood and a dose of platelets.  Her platelet levels were at 16,000 and 20,000 is very low.   Her hemoglobin level was 6.6.  The Doctor in the ER said that chemotherapy can cause this to happen.  She is going to Seattle again later in August. 
    Sara has been otherwise enjoying the summer.  Got her pontoon boat, "The Dalaboat" running and has been on it as much as possible. It is probably the most relaxing place to be in the world.
   Also, she went on her first flight lesson.  Dr. Lin told her to just go out there and do whatever she wanted, which she has done since she was two, but now she has a license from a doctor. So, heads up {or not} about the flight lessons. She is fine.  The transfusion is like getting your tank filled, Erin said. But we are keeping a close eye on her so we catch it sooner.  If anyone sees her turning funny colors, call me!   She is not a very good complainer.  She didn't get that from me.  Enjoy the summer.  Love to all!!


Posted by Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first flight lesson! I cannot wait to hear about your flying adventures as they come....it will be even more peaceful than the "Daleboat"! It was fun getting to visit with you last week- enjoy your summer and don't forget to nap (take one for me and Shanna too). Love- Kathy W

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Berkley's Porta Party Barge, but I love your Daleboat name! Humor is great.I'll watch for you out on the river!
    Know that I am thinking about you all of the time my little former student. When I think of you three musketeers it always makes me smile. I am sending healing thoughts your way.
    Kathy B the home ec-y

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara's blog sign in has blocked us out for some wierd reason. I am working on retrieving the password that does not work anymore. Any ideas send them on here. Guess I gotta call Raul, the super computer guy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete